For every aspiring engineering student in India, cracking IIT JEE is one of the most prestigious recognition and career opportunity. IIT JEE is one of the most challenging entrance examinations for students, and preparation to get through this difficult examination starts during high school. Let us find out what a student needs to prepare for to appear in this examination.
Format of IIT JEE Entrance Exam
There are 30 multiple choice questions (MCQs) distributed among the subjects with equal importance.
It is essential to know what topics are covered in each subject to prepare accordingly. To prepare well, students need to follow a list of the most crucial topics for JEE Mains for all three subjects and prioritize them accordingly.
Important Topics in Each Subject
Here is a list of the most essential topics covered in each subject:
- Probability is an important and challenging topic that students must start preparing from class 11. It includes Bayes theorem, Law of Total Probability, and Conditional Probability.
- An in-depth study is also required for Quadratic Equations. Every detail related to equations coefficients is essential.
- One needs to have complete knowledge of Circle to answer questions for Coordinate Geometry.
- Emphasis is given to Permutation and Combination, focusing mainly on Integral solution of linear equation, circular permutation, and Division or Arrangement of Groups.
- One must be well-versed with Calculus and understand the changes between values related by function. Students must know how time functions to be good at this.
- Basics of logarithm questions are found in most questions papers.
- Students need to understand the Law of Mass Action, Solubility product, Acids and Bases to know Chemical Equilibrium thoroughly.
- Students must learn atomic mass concepts to tick the correct answers for atomic structure preparation. There are several theories like Rutherford, Thomson, and Bohr to know extensively.
- Stoichiometry is another critical topic, and class 11 students must learn equivalent concepts and the Mole in their syllabus.
- Students in class 11 are introduced to organic chemistry. They need to know the basic concepts to learn the topic very well from the beginning.
- Compressibility factor, states of matter, and van der Waals equations are vital when learning Gaseous State.
- The periodicity concept is vital when studying Chemical Bonding.
- All aspects of Units & Dimensions need to be intricately studied and learnt.
- One must bring focus to rigid body dynamics for mastering Kinematics of SHM concepts.
- Students also need to understand all three laws of motion when studying Newton’s Law and solve questions assertively.
MyFavTutor is a platform where students meet qualified online tutors who help them prepare for competitive examinations like IIT JEE. Students must have a mentor who will coach and prepare them before they sit for a vital examination like this. Appointing an online tutor will higher the chances of a student’s capability to crack such a difficult test and study in a reputed institution.